At Wheatfield Primary School, meals are available each day. The meals are cooked on site by our caterers, Chartwells. All meals are from Chartwells’ 'Gold Food for Life Menus', which have been awarded the highest accreditation that can be achieved in the school meal sector. We firmly believe that the price of school lunches represents value for money and provides a healthy, well balanced meal.
- Each day two main meal choices will be available (see menu)
- Alternatively children may choose a jacket potato with either cheese or baked beans
- Freshly baked bread will be available daily to accompany the main meal.
- Three dessert options are offered - one variable option (see menu) or fresh fruit or yoghurt.
Free School Meals
We are keen to support parents with the current costs of living and providing all the below pupils with a free nutritious lunch will save families the cost of making a packed lunch, estimated to be over £12 per child per week:
- Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 - Universal Free School Meals are served for all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. If you wish to opt out your child from receiving these meals, please contact the School Office.
- Year 3 to Year 6 (Entitled to FSM) - School Meals are served for all Key Stage 2 children who are entitled to a free lunch. If you think that your child may be entitled to these, please see the link here for further information and application details. If you are eligible but wish to opt out your child from receiving these meals, please contact the School Office.
If your child is in Key Stage 2 and not entitled to a free lunch, then they can choose to have either a school cooked lunch or a packed lunch provided from home each day. School lunches cost £2.60 per day and meals must be paid for in advance by using the school's online system ParentMail.
- If your child has a medical need for a special diet our caterers, Chartwells, have nutritionists who can work with you to accommodate this. Details of this support can be found here: The Chartwells Approach to Medical Diets | Chartwells and the School Office can support you with an application.
- For information on allergens and special diets please contact Chartwells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please let the school know any dietary requirements your child may have.