Family Support Worker
My aim as Family Support Worker at Wheatfield Primary School is to provide support to help you and your child/children tackle varying difficulties you may be going through whether they are long or short term challenges. Life is full of challenges and some of these may be more difficult than others but I am here to help in whatever way I can whether it be for a chat, a hug or a good old cup of tea. I place importance on building good relationships so we can work together to support your child/children to thrive in their environment – both at home and at school and to be the best that they can possibly be.
I know first hand that being a parent is one of the hardest but also one of the most rewarding jobs.
Being a parent isn’t easy which is why I would like to support you, to help your child/children to reach their full potential. I will focus on enabling your child/children to
● Be healthy
● Stay safe
● Enjoy and achieve
● Make a positive contribution
● Try new things and to learn through new experiences
● Build resilience and confidence whilst offering a nurturing environment
I will not have all the answers but I am here to help provide support and advice with:
● Confidentiality and support
● Support with your child’s behaviour
● Details of all relevant services to support your family’s individual needs
● Access to a Parenting programme
● Advice on local housing services